A great easy twist on Spanish chicken where all ingredients are bunged in the oven and roasted. A nice orange zest gives it great flavour. Another great recipe from Nigella Lawson
Read the full recipe below
Much as I love to have a pan bubbling away on the stove, I often feel that the most stress free way to feed people is by taking the oven route. When I’m frazzled, I firmly believe that the tray-bake is the safest way to go. Enjoy the easefulness of the oven: you just bung everything in, and you’re done. I think I’d go to the supreme effort of laying on a green salad as well but, other than that, you may kick up your flamenco heels and enjoy the fiesta.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 12 chicken thighs with skin and bone still on
- 750 grams chorizo (whole if baby ones or cut into 4cm / 1½ inch chunks if regular sized)
- 1 kilogram new potatoes (halved)
- 2 red onions (peeled and roughly chopped)
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- grated zest of 1 orange
- Preheat the oven to 220°C/gas mark 7/425ºF. Put the oil in the bottom of 2 shallow roasting tins, 1 tablespoon in each. Rub the skin of the chicken in the oil, then turn skin-side up, 6 pieces in each tin.
- Divide the chorizo sausages and the new potatoes between the 2 tins. Sprinkle the onion and the oregano over, then grate the orange zest over the contents of the 2 tins.
- Cook for 1 hour, but after 30 minutes, swap the top tray with the bottom tray in the oven and baste the contents with the orange-coloured juices.
This post was brought to you by http://www.nigella.com/
Get the full recipe here http://www.nigella.com/recipes/view/spanish-chicken-with-chorizo-and-potatoes-5160